Sunday, January 31, 2010

Current Projects Update:

The Faeries Promise: Aladdin Books 2010:
Lord Dunraven's old law separates people from magical beings. The faeries are hiding, hoping the humans will join them to defeat Dunraven’s guards.

A Resurrection of Magic #3 (still untitled) : Atheneum Books: 2011
Sadima and Hahp are trying to survive what they have caused. It seems impossible that either one can live, never mind both. But maybe. If they can get help.

Read now, online: Russet
Russet is running from his father, from the man with one wing, from his own crazy past: http://russet-one-wing.blogspot.com/

Up Next:

A Virgin’s Blood
A desperate girl lives in a slum, a favella that is growing daily as refugees pour in. She won't tell me her name, but I know she is planning on selling her blood.  I have met the old man who will drink it, and I have seen his stone house, near the river. There are rooms without windows.

Free Rat
Small is in the dome in the desert. The world is falling apart beyond the white walls. He has almost figured out how to escape. Almost.

B.
B. hates the name her parents came up with: Berendina Pumpernickle. She is in the grocery store with her mother, hoping no one from school sees her, that her mother doesn’t do something silly, and that no one ever finds out how weird her family really is...


.

4 comments:

Laini Taylor said...

Ah! After that blabbering facebook message I just sent you, I realized it was probably a blog comment!! (If not a dream, that is, ha ha. Love the idea for the Virgin's Blood book. And of course, can't wait for the next Resurrection of Magic book!

kathleen duey said...

I don't think you are capable of blabbering. And I can't wait to see what you do next. Lips Touch graces the very top of my to-read pile now...

Ela, Manila said...

Can't wait for AROM Book 3...is it really that far (2011)? Oh, don't mean to harass you but just very impatient to finally read about Sadima's lot.

I saved the LAST space in my library for Book 3, then my prized collection is finally complete. Thanks for creating such a wonderful story and remarkable characters....can't wait.

kathleen duey said...

Ela,

Thanks so much for the kind words. The characters are very real to me. The books are complicated, all the little details in both stories to keep track of, how they fit together... It's intricate so it takes time. I am writing like mad on the third one now.

thanks for getting in touch!
kathleen