Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!

Adults:
Happy Election Day.
Be glad, be glad that you live in a country where you have a voice.
Use it, or stop complaining.

Young People:
Happy Election Day.
Be glad, be glad that you live in a country where you have a voice.
I hope you have been paying attention to the election, that you have some opinions, that you have decided who you would vote for, if you could. When you can vote, do. Demand good government. Insist on justice for all. Keep America free.

5 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

Well put Kathleen!

Happy voting day!

Christy

the dragonfly said...

I voted about six weeks ago!! Had to vote absentee, since we're in Germany...the whole time I was filling out my ballot I talked to my little boy about the importance of voting and how his Daddy is in Iraq in part so the people there can have that same freedom that we do. Of course he was only 15 months old at the time, so I don't think he really got it. But I explained anyway. :)

kathleen duey said...

Christy, I love election days.

Dragonfly, you have a lucky son. I would love to have heard the conversation. I hope your family is back under one roof ASAP.

I don't know either of your political views, but Obama's acceptance speech confirmed my hope for his administration. He inspires me, and reminds me that I have a voice, two hands, a heart, and duty to help my country. He made it very clear: He will expect people to sacrifice and work hard to help clean up the country we all love. It really is a mess. There is a lot to fix, and none of it will be quick or easy.

So let's get started...

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for the 2nd book, the 1st was such a cliff hanger. I need to know what happens to Sadmina that she wasn't in the Academy! Will Hahp & Gerrard be punished for helping eachother!? OH I CAN'T WAIT!

kathleen duey said...

Christina,
Oh, I hope you like it!!