Saturday, April 18, 2009


Phone-chatting with a YA librarian yesterday, I explained the uneven rhythm of work that rules my life and sometimes consumes me--and I apologized for not being able to talk. She made an odd whooping noise. It startled me into taking the phone off my ear and staring at it for an instant. Then I listened again, catching her midsentence. "...wonderful! I'll tell the kids more books are hatching."
Yes. Exactly. I am setting eggs.


Russett: a Twitter Novel, is updated almost daily:
((It's kind of amazing, I think, how well the little bursts work.))

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'll join her in "whooping" too!

kathleen duey said...

Oh, thank you Angela. Hey. If you ever read Russet, I would love to know what you think, writer-to-writer....

http://russet-one-wing.blogspot.com/